Memorandum of Understanding
- A group of 22 Institutes and Research Organizations formed under the 7th Framework Programme as an EC funded Consortium named Virtual Atomic and Molecular Date Centre (« VAMDC ») (Grant Agreement No 239108) with the ambition of building an interoperable e-infrastructure connecting atomic and molecular databases.
- A further EU funded Consortium was formed under the 7th Framework Programme (Grant Agreement No 313284) named Support at VAMDC « SUP@VAMDC » which built upon the VAMDC e-infrastructure, supporting different studies and actions linked to the VAMDC e-infrastructure.
- Consortium members from both the VAMDC and SUP@VAMDC projects have expressed their willingness to provide a framework named the « VAMDC Consortium » for the continuation and implementation of the VAMDC work and will be open to all Parties who wish to sign this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The “VAMDC Consortium” is willing to further expand its knowledge and dissemination of the work done under the two previous European projects by continuing the VAMDC work by and between members of the VAMDC community and by adding new members to the community.
- The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding is to define the “VAMDC Consortium” with respect to its activities, its memberships, the relationship among the Parties, in particular concerning the organization of responsibilities among the Parties, the financial provisions, the Access Rights, the intellectual property rights, the rights and obligations of the Parties concerning inter alia liability, the foreground and dispute resolution.
- This MoU is not legally binding save for Clause 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15 but the Parties recognize that VAMDC depends on all its members adhering to its provisions.