2014/10/27 - 2014/10/28 - VAMDC-USA Workshop
The purpose of the workshop was to develop collaborations between the Virtual Atomic and Molecular Data Centre (VAMDC) and the US atomic and molecular physicists and database developers.
The meeting started at 9:30 (local time) on Monday, 27 Oct, and ended at 16:30 on Tuesday, 28 Oct.
Organizers: Ulrike Heiter, Yuri Ralchenko, Larry Rothman
Location and access:
NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), Gaithersburg, MD, USA, Room 215/C103.
Participants from outside NIST should first proceed to the Visitor Center (red arrow on Map 1) to get their badges. Domestic visitors should check this link for VERY important information regarding acceptability of driver licenses (not all state licenses are accepted as valid IDs). After getting a badge, enter the main gate next to the Visitor Center and proceed to building 215 (blue arrow on Map 1). Parking lots are available nearby. Your paper badge will not let you in but someone will be waiting for you at the entrance to the building.
Lunch is available at the cafeteria (Building 101 on the map) or outside the campus if necessary. There are many restaurants in the area.
- Monday (start 9:30, coffee break 10:30, lunch 12-14, coffee break 15:30, end 17:00)
- Welcome and local information
- Presentations (max 40 min each): Piskunov, Zwölf
- Presentations (max 30 min each): Rothman, Moreau, Brown, Kramida, Bartschat
- Presentation on IAEA-ITAMP workshop on Uncertainty Assessment by Bartschat
- Informal dinner at Uncle Julio’s
- Tuesday (start: 9:00, coffee break 10:30, lunch 12:30-14, coffee break 15, end 16:30)
- Presentations (max 30 min each): Hanisch (Office of Data and Informatics at NIST), Heiter
- Discussion on data evaluation
- Hill, Kochanov, Foster, Walker, Ralchenko
- Discussion on data citation policies
- Discussion on future interaction between US scientists and VAMDC
Abstracts PDF file (sorted by last name)
Participants (click on Presentation title to download Presentation PDF file):
|Klaus Bartschat||Drake University||Benchmark calculations for electron collisions with complex atoms and ions|
|Linda Brown||JPL||Future Laboratory Spectroscopy for Remote Sensing of Exoplanets|
|Adam Foster||Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics||Inner shell X-ray Data in AtomDB|
|Ulrike Heiter||Uppsala University||VAMDC databases and partners||VAMDC|
|Christian Hill||Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics||HITRANonline: An online interface for the HITRAN database||VAMDC|
|Roman Kochanov||Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and Tomsk State University||Application Programming Interface (API) for the HITRANonline web service. Current state and goals||VAMDC|
|Alexander Kramida||NIST||Critical Evaluation of Data on Atomic Energy Levels, Wavelengths, and Transition Probabilities|
|Nicolas Moreau||Paris Observatory||The VAMDC infrastructure, The Spectcol application||VAMDC|
|Nikolai Piskunov||Uppsala University||The VAMDC project and the lessons learned||VAMDC|
|Raymond Plante||University of Illinois|
|Yuri Ralchenko||NIST||The NIST Atomic and Plasma Databases||VAMDC|
|Larry Rothman||Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics||HITRAN Database Enhancements Fostered by VAMDC Collaboration||VAMDC|
|Kyle Walker||University of Georgia||Collisional Rovibrational Molecular Excitation: Calculation and Scaling|
|Carlo Maria Zwölf||Paris Observatory||VAMDC consortium Technical and political organisation.||VAMDC|