The 2015 Annual « VAMDC Consortium » Wokshop will be held after the HRMS conference from Friday 28th August (afternoon) till Saturday 29th August.
The Saturday’s sessions are internal VAMDC meetings only. Friday’s sessions are open.
Registration closed on 30th of July 2015.
Friday 28th of August: 2pm till 6pm (open session)
Session 1 (2:00)
- "2015 General Highlights/News", ML Dubernet (Obs Paris, Fce)-(15mn)
- "Technical Highlights of annual activities", C.M. Zwölf (Obs Paris, Fc)-(15mn)
- "EMOL and MOLD - new services at VAMDC Belgrade node", Darko Jevremovic (Observatory of Belgrade, Serbia)-(15mn)
Résumé: I will share our experience of adding two new databases to VAMDC world. EMOL contains the measured collisional cross section for different atoms/molecules. MOLD presents theoretical values for photodissociation of molecular ions. We had a few problems with inclusion of our data in the current XSAMS schema.
- "Databases for calculated linelists of CH4, CF4, SF6, C2H4", Vincent Boudon (U. of Bourgogne, Fce)-(15mn)
Résum: Four databases have been set-up to provide linelists of CH4, CF4, SF6 and C2H4. They provide complementary data to the HITRAN and some other databases in the sense that they maybe be less accurate, but more complete in a given spectral range. They also contain a full description of eigenvectors. A suggestion for the improvement of the access to these databases from the VAMDC portal is to provide a HITRAN format output.
- "VAMDC activities in the UK", J. Tennyson (UCL, UK)/G. Rixon (U. of Cambridge, UK)-(15mn)
- "ELAN Research Infrastructure future developments", Christian Hill (UCL, UK)-(15mn)
Session 2 (1:00)
- Dedicated session on data certification
- Invited speaker : Dr Francoise Genova, Observatory of Strasbourg, France
Session 3 (1:00)
- Dedicated session on Education in order to build a collective activity related to Education
- ** Ideas, Tools, etc
Saturday 29th of August: 9:00 am till 3:30 pm (Internal to VAMDC members)
- Saturday Morning/Afternoon = Board of Director Meeting
- Saturday Morning/Afternoon = Science & Technical Board (about the technical plans/discussions up till next annual meeting)
Logistics (see HRMS meeting for transport details). More information will be provided later.